Cuddle Care Guidelines 2021
Norton Children’s Hospital of Louisville, Kentucky, is the chosen charity of LNT. Our goal is to donate the number of Cuddle Care quilts that equals twice the membership.
Completed quilts are the preferred donation to Cuddle Care and are a great opportunity for members to practice all aspects of quilting. Additionally, there are many other ways that members can donate to Cuddle Care:
- Pieced tops
- Fabric-100% cotton is preferred. Avoid heavy fabric such as denim or corduroy.
- Financial – Cash can be donated for the purchase of supplies.
Basic guidelines for Cuddle Care quilts:
- Prewash all fabric in hot water and detergent. Do not use softener or starch.
- Cotton or polyester thread. NO monofilament.
- Hand or machine quilt. NO tied quilts.
- Quilts that are 36” square or larger are greatly appreciated.
Any questions can be addressed to the committee chair or members.
You are invited to show your completed quilt or quilt top during “Sew and Tell” at our regular meetings. We love sharing our creations!
The 2020 Cuddle Care Quilt Raffle was held in Louisville Kentucky, on August 31, 2020. In attendance were Nimble Thimble Quild members Debbie Hampton, Bettye Smith and Debbie Hofelich (all creators and donors of the quilt. Physically absent, spiritually present, was Janet Larmee, our fourth quilt creator). Also in attendance was Sylvia Kummer, who helped immensely with the quilt raffle.
All tickets were placed in a large container and shaken up. At approximately, 2:20 p.m., Debbie Hofelich drew a ticket from the container. The winner of the 2020 Cuddle Care Quilt Raffle is…..Michelle Wolfe, daughter of our own, Susan Wolfe.
The quilt was delivered to Michelle the same day, at approximately 6:45 p.m.
Delivery to Norton Children’s Hospital